Chicken With Lemon Cream Sauce
- 2 chickens - (3 lbs ea) each cut 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry white wine or vermouth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups light cream
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices - thin
- Chopped fresh parsley
Brown chicken in butter and oil. Cover, lower heat, and simmer slowly for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender. Drain well and arrange chicken on an ovenproof serving platter and keep warm.
Discard cooking oil. Stir sherry, wine, lemon rind, orange rind, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into the same skillet. Slowly stir in cream, cover, and simmer 2 minutes.
Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Brown slightly under preheated broiler and garnish with lemon slices sprinkled with chopped parsley.
This recipe yields 8 servings; 2.2 carbohydrate grams per serving.