Mushroom and Leek Galette
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 large egg white for glaze
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 4 medium leeks (white and light green parts only), sliced (2 cups)
- 12 oz. cremini or baby bella mush-rooms, sliced (6 cups)
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts only), sliced (1/3 cup)
Adapted from vegetariantimes.com
Prepare crust: In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. In food processor, process cottage cheese until pureed. Add oil, milk and sugar and process until smooth. Add flour mixture and pulse 4 to 5 times, just until dough clumps together.
Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead several times; do not overwork. Press dough into a disk, dust lightly with flour and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until tender, 4 to 5 minutes, adding a little water if necessary to prevent scorching. Add mushrooms, increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray. In large bowl, whisk together whole egg, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add scallions, parsley and cooled leek mixture; mix well.
On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 15-inch circle about 1/4 inch thick. Roll dough back over rolling pin and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Spread leek mixture over dough, leaving 2-inch border around edges. Fold dough border up and over filling, pleating as necessary.
In small bowl, combine egg white with 1 tablespoon water; stir briskly with fork. Brush over rim of crust.
Bake until crust is golden, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack and let cool 5 minutes. Carefully slide galette onto platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Ranch Baked Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Birthday Batter Cheesecake Dip... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Creamy Rosemary... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mushrooms with Lump Crab and Dry... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato Leek Soup with Feta Cheese 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Potato & Leek Gratin 4.4/5 (8 Votes)