Brussels Sprouts With Cream Cheese, Toasted Almonds, Nutmeg
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed, and cut in half
- 1/4 cup cream cheese cut small pieces
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Freshly-grated nutmeg to taste
Cook the sprouts in rapidly boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, return to the pot and stir in the cream cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
Transfer to a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with the almonds.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
Total: 620 calories
Fat: 43 grams
Carbs: 46 grams
Fiber: 20 grams
Protein 27 grams