Broiled Lobster With Garlic Oil
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mild extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 live lobsters - (2 lbs ea)
- Coarse (kosher) salt to taste
Set broiler rack at least 6 inches from the flame, and heat the broiler. Mix together garlic, olive oil and melted butter, and keep warm.
Using a large, sharp chefs knife or a Chinese cleaver, hold the lobsters down firmly to a cutting board, and split them in half from head to end. Gently crack the claws by striking them with a meat mallet, small hammer or the spine of the knife. Scoop out the viscera behind the mouth parts, and remove the green roe sacs. Transfer, cut-side up, to broiling pans.
Brush the lobsters liberally with the butter mixture, and season with a small pinch of coarse salt.
Broil four minutes; baste with butter mixture, then finish broiling 3 minutes more. Serve one lobster per person.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Net Carbs: 4 grams
Protein: 128 grams
Fat: 23 grams
You'll also love
- Atkins Crab Cakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Tuna With Soy Wasabi Glaze 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Steaks With Garlic And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Grilled Portabello Mushroom Salad... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Beets With Cabrales Blue... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato And Cucumber Sandwiches... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked Crab Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuts 4.5/5 (44 Votes)