Best Banana Bread Evah
Recipe from the Flour bakery & Cafe, Boston Ma.
Makes 2 loaves
- 3 1/4 Cups Flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 7 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups chopped walnuts
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Butter and flour 2 9x5 loaf pans.
2. Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside
3. In an electric mixer, combine the eggs and sugar. Beat them on med. speed for 10 minutes until light and fluffy.
4. With the mixer set on low, slowly drizzle in the oil.
5. Beat in the bananas and sour cream, then vanilla extract.
6. Mix in dry ingredients either by hand or mixer and then fold in walnuts by hand.
7. Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans. Bake the loaves for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until they are set and a skewer inserted into the centers comes out clean.
8. Let the loaves cool in the pans for 15 minutes then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.