Beef Stroganoff II
- 1 1/4 pounds skirt steak or beef tenderloin cut 2" by 1" strips
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely-chopped Spanish onion
- 1 cup small white mushrooms
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup reduced sodium beef broth (or 3 tbspns demi-glace mixed with 3/4 cup water)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Heat oven to warm setting. Sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown meat in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter and place in oven.
Melt butter in skillet; add onion and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add mushrooms. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushroom liquid evaporates. Add wine; cook 5 minutes. Stir in beef broth and cook 10 minutes, until mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce.
Stir in sour cream and mustard. Add meat and accumulated juices. Reduce heat to low and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until meat is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 4 grams
Net Carbs: 3.5 grams
Fiber: 0.5 grams
Protein: 28 grams
Fat: 44 grams
You'll also love
- Beef Burgers With Feta And Tomato 0/5 (0 Votes)