- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 3/4 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 round loaf crusty whole wheat bread, sliced
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat outdoor grill on medium.
2. Meanwhile in 9" pie plate, mix 2 cloves garlic, crushed with press; 1 tsp oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, then rub all over chicken.
3. In large bowl, combine tomatoes, shallot, basil, vinegar, 1 tsp oil, and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Let stand.
4. Grill chicken, covered, 10 to 13 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced, turning once. Transfer to cutting board. Let rest 10 minutes: slice.
5. Cut remaining clove garlic in half. Run cut sides all over bread then brush bread with remaining 1 tsp oil. Grill 1 minute, turning once. Divide bread and chicken among serving plate: top with tomato mixture.