White Bean and Sausage Stew
- 1 pound white beans -- soaked overnight, washed and drained
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 pound sausage -- spicy turkey works well
- 1 1/2 cups celery -- diced
- 2 cups sweet potato -- peeled and diced
- 1 pound kale -- fresh or 10 ounce pakage frozen
- 1/4 cup flour -- optional, for thickening
Place beans, broth, water and vinegar in large pot. Bring to a simmer and
cook 50-60 minutes until the beans are soft.
In a separate pan, saute the sausage. Saute the onion and celery until
translucent. Add the onions, celery, potato, and kale to the beans.
Simmer about 30 minutes.