Grilled Salmon with Raspberries
- one 13-oz (370-g) salmon fillet
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Ribena blackcurrant concentrate
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) grainy Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 head dark green leaf lettuce
- 4 cups (1 L) frozen raspberries, thawed
1. Whisk together the dressing/marinade. Resrve 1/2 cup
(125 mL). Pour the remaining 1 cup (250 mL) into a
resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon. Seal the bag
and place it in the refrigerator. Marinate up to 30
2. Wash and dry the lettuce. Set aside.
3. Preheat the indoor grill or outside barbecue. Remove
the salmon from the plastic bag and discard the
marinade. Grilled the salmon on medium heat for 5 to
10 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
4. Mix together the reserve dressing with 1/2 of the
thawed raspberries. Set aside.
5. Chop the lettuce and divide equally between 4 plates,
about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) per plate.
6. Divide the cooked salmon into 4 equal pieces and place
each piece on the top of the lettuce. Spoon a quarter
of the raspberry mixture over the salmon. Garnish with
the extra raspberries. Serve to raves.