Seared Tuna With Soy Wasabi Glaze
- 4 fresh 3/4"-thk Ahi tuna steaks - (6 oz ea)
- Vegetable oil as needed
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice - (to 2)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared wasabi - (to 2)
Brush tuna steaks on both sides with the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Combine the butter, onion, lime juice, soy sauce and wasabi in a small pan.
Heat a heavy, nonstick frying pan over high heat. Place the tuna in the pan and sear until crispy and brown. Turn over and sear the other side. Be careful not to overcook the tuna. It's best rare to medium-rare.
While the tuna is cooking, heat the butter mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and emulsified.
Serve the tuna immediately, drenched with the sauce.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Total Calories: 1853
Fat: 126 grams
Carbs: 12 grams
Fiber: 2 grams
Protein: 165 grams