Wilted Lettuce Salad with Bacon Dressing
- 6 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 hard cooked egg, sliced
Cooking time 15mins
In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce and onion; set aside.
Place bacon on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with another towel; microwave on high 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon to paper towels.
In a small microwave-safe dish, combine 1 1/2 teaspoons bacon drippings, vinegar, sugar and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds or until sugar is dissolved; stir until smooth.
Pour over lettuce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add bacon and egg; toss to coat.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)