Pulled Pork with Applesauce
- 3 lbs pork roast, visible fat removed
- 4 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 18 oz. bottle barbecue sauce of your choice
1. Place meat in slow cooker.
2. Spread applesauce over top.
3. Spoon barbecue sauce over top, being careful not to disturb the applesauce.
4. Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours, or until roast is very tender but not dry.
5. Remove from slow cooker onto platter. Pull apart with forks.
6. Pur shredded meat in bowl. Add some of cooking broth so meat is somewhat juicy, but not swimming in sauce.
Serve on whole wheat buns.