Mushroom Crepes With Ham
- 1 batch of Basic Crepe Batter, prepared (makes 6 crepes)
- 3 TBS butter
- 3 Shallots or 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 thin slices of boiled ham
- 2 oz Swiss or Gruyere cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 TBS cornstarch dissolved in 2 TBS cold water
Adapted from rainbowdelicious.com
1. Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add the thinly sliced mushrooms. Cook mushrooms for 1 minute. Add the chicken stock and cook over a high heat, uncovered, for 1 more minute. Lower the heat and add the grated cheese and cream. Do not heat the cheese too quickly or it will spin into threads. Add the cornstarch dissolved in water and the mixture will thicken immediately. It should be thick enough to hold its shape in the rolled crepe. Adjust the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste.
2. Lay a piece of boiled ham on each crepe. Put about 3-4 TBS of the mushroom mixture over the ham and roll the crepes. Place in an oiled ovenproof dish. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan and serve immediately.
Makes 6 crepes. Each crepe = 5 Weight Watchers points.