Fried Okra Salad
One of my favorites. LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!!! Did I say I love it.
- 1 1/2 pounds breaded frozen okra
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 6 sliced bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
Fry okra in vegetable oil according to package directions; drain on paper towels. In medium bowl, combine okra, tomatoes, bell pepper, green onions, and bacon. In small saucepan, combine oil, sugar and vinegar. Cook over medium heat. stirring frequently, until sugar is dissolved. Pour over okra mixture, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.