Crispy Tilapia Sandwich
- 2 T. light sour cream
- 2 T. creamy mustard blend (such as Dijonnaise)
- 1/4 c. all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 4 (5 – oz) tilapia fillets
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 c. egg substitute
- 2 T. (more if needed) canola oil
- 4 whole wheat hoagie rolls, toasted
- Sliced tomato, thinly sliced red onion, and leaf lettuce for serving
Combine sour cream and Dijonnaise in a small bowl.
Place panko in a shallow dish. Place flour in another shallow dish. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper; dredge 1 fillet in flour. Dip in egg substitute; dredge in crumbs, pressing to adhere. Repeat procedure with remaining 3 fish fillets, flour, egg substitute, and crumbs.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. (It may be necessary to do this is batches; do not crowd the pan.)
Spread 1 ½ teaspoons sour cream mixture on each half of 4 rolls; place 1 fish fillet on bottom half of each roll. Top each serving with tomato, red onion, and leaf lettuce and top half of rolls. Serve immediately.