Vegetable Ribbon Pappardelle with Tilapia
Vegetable Ribbon Pappardelle with Tilapia it the beautifully colorful recipe that will get your whole family to eat their veggies. Filled with the bright flavors of pappardelle, tilapia, summer squash, carrot, and broccoli, this meal is perfect for any weeknight dinner or romantic evening in with bae. Serve this meal with your favorite white wine, a lightly dressed side salad, and a slice chocolate cake, because this recipe is so good for you.
- 4 (4-ounce) fresh or frozen tilapia fillets
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small zucchini or yellow summer squash
- 1 large carrot
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup homemade pappardelle or 1 (8-ounce) package dried pappardelle
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh oregano
- grated parmesan cheese, to garnish, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Thaw tilapia, if frozen. Rinse tilapia; pat dry with paper towels. Preheat broiler. Place tilapia fillets on the greased rack of an unheated broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Broil 4 to 5-inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of fish or just until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Trim zucchini. Trim and peel the carrot. Using a vegetable peeler, cut the zucchini and carrot lengthwise into thin ribbons. Set aside. Cook homemade pappardelle and broccoli in the boiling salted water about 4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Or cook dried pappardelle according to package directions, adding broccoli for the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
In a large skillet combine wine, broth, rosemary, the 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 4 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add the reserved 1/2 cup cooking water. Bring just to boiling. Add drained pasta, broccoli, and vegetable ribbons to skillet. Gently cook and stir until pasta is coated with sauce mixture and slightly thickened. Stir in cherry tomatoes, the 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and half of the oregano. Heat until cheese is incorporated and tomatoes are slightly softened.
Swirl pasta and vegetables in pasta bowls with sauce. Break tilapia into large chunks and spoon over. Sprinkle with the remaining oregano. If desired, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Bean and Corn Salsa 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Miso-Glazed Turnips 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Manila Clam Chowder 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Jamie’s Easy Baked Salmon 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Breakfast Biscuit Cups for Two 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Herbed Cashew Cheese Spread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Spread 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Pineapple Stuffing Casserole 4.4/5 (8 Votes)