One Pot Cabbage Casserole
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- Salt and pepper or any seasoning you like
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 med head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese
1. Season and brown ground beef and onions.
2. Once onions are clear, add rice, cabbage, 2 cups water and stewed tomatoes. Stir.
3. Let it come to a boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cover to simmer until cabbage is soft. Do not lift lid before 20 minutes to make sure rice cooks well.
4.Once cooked, top with cheese and cover with lid to melt a few minutes.