Baked Pasta Casserole
- 1 1/4 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1 C chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 C chopped bell pepper, any color
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 C water
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 8 oz whole-wheat elbow macaroni pasta
- 1/4 C grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C grated mozzarella cheese
Cook lean turkey in large pot until browned and crumbled. Set meat aside and spray large pot with cooking spray.
Cook onion, mushrooms and pepper over medium heat until tender.
Add meat to vegetables. Stir in seasonings, water, tomatoes and tomato paste.
Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes, uncovered.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. Stir cooked pasta into meat and tomato mixture after 25 minutes.
Spray a large 13 X 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add pasta and meat mixture.
Bake, covered, in 375 F oven for 25 min.
Remove from oven, top with cheese, and cover for 5 min. to allow cheese to melt.