Prep time: 14 min
Cook time: 10 min
Other time: 0 min
4 points plus
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked onion(s), minced
- 16 oz frozen chopped broccoli
- 29 oz canned chicken broth
- 4 oz low fat cheddar or colby cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) cornstarch
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook 3 minutes, until soft. Add broccoli and broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 3 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
Reduce heat to low, add cheese and stir until cheese melts; stir in milk and garlic powder.
Whisk together water and cornstarch. Add mixture to pan and simmer 2 minutes, until thick. Serve hot. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.