Honey Chicken Skewers with Grilled-Corn Salad
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and pepper
- canola oil, for the grill
- 6 ears corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Place twenty 8-inch wooden skewers in water to soak. Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, honey, and Worcestershire sauce; set aside.
2. Slice the chicken lengthwise into twenty 1/2-inch-thick strips. Thread each strip onto a wooden skewer. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
3. Lightly oil the grill. Cook the chicken, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes, basting with the ketchup mixture during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
4. Meanwhile, grill the corn, turning occasionally, until slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes. Cut the kernels off the cobs, place in a medium bowl, and toss with the butter, scallions, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serve with the chicken.