Chunky Portabella Veggie Burgers
Vegetarian Chunky Portabella Veggie Burgers made with black beans, broccoli, red onion, garlic, and eggs. These burgers are full of flavor!
- 2 cups portabella mushrooms, gills removed, diced
- 2 cups black beans, cooked, rinsed and divided
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, minced
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons panko or gluten free panko
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire*
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Parmesan, grated (optional)
- Olive oil
- For full vegetarian, use one without anchovies
Adapted from thekitchenwhisperer.net
In a large bowl add 1 cup of black beans and mash with a masher until chunky. Next, add in the mushrooms, the rest of the beans, broccoli, garlic, onion and steak seasoning. Mix just until coated.
Add in the eggs, cheese and bread crumbs and mix gently with a large spoon until the mixture is combined.
Set aside while you place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add in 2 tablespoons of oil.
Once the oil starts to shimmer (about a minute or two), using dampened hands (the mixture will stick to you if you don’t), scoop a 1/2 cup of mixture into the palm of your hand and gently shape into a burger all the while pressing together. The mixture should hold a burger shape. If it doesn’t add just a tablespoon more of bread crumbs.
Place in the oil and cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until golden brown and a crust has formed on each side.
Serve with hummus, guacamole or steak sauce.
You'll also love
- Olive Bread Stuffing with Fennel 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Easy Crock Pot Chicken Stew 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
- Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Crispy Fried Buttermilk Chicken 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Mushroom Cookies 4.1/5 (82 Votes)
- Tofu Mushroom tiny pies 4.5/5 (33 Votes)
- Low Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Balls 4.6/5 (32 Votes)