Eggnog Cranberry Muffins
These tasty muffins with flavors of sweet eggnog and cranberries make the perfect breakfast treat for the Holidays.
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour or all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup eggnog
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Adapted from bing.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 14 to 16 muffin cups with nonstick spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and nutmeg; set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the eggs with the white sugar and brown sugar until pale in color.
Stir in eggnog, melted butter and vanilla extract.
Mix in dry ingredients just until combined.
Toss cranberries with 2 tablespoons sugar and then stir into batter.
Combine topping ingredients using a pastry cutter (or two knives) until crumbly.
Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Top with streusel topping. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, or until muffins test done with a toothpick inserted in the center coming out clean.
You'll also love
- Chicken Bacon Alfredo Potato Skins 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Roasted Sausage, Potatoes and... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Apple Cake 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Fried Peach Pie 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemon Custard, Blueberry, and... 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Torte 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Spinach & Strawberry Salad 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Peach-Mustard Pork Chops 4.3/5 (17 Votes)