Key Lime Cheesecake
- For the Coconut Graham Cracker Crumble
- 1 sleeve (9 whole crackers) graham crackers
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- For the Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (you'll need 3-4 limes on average), or key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt (any fat content), or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional Toppings
- whipped cream
- toasted coconut
- fresh lime slices
Preparation time 25mins
Adapted from mybakingaddiction.com
For the Coconut Graham Cracker Crumble
1. Preheat oven to 350°F;.
2. Crush graham crackers in a large ziplock bag and then place crumbs into a large bowl. Add sugar and stir to combine,
3. In a small bowl, melt butter in microwave.
4. Pour melted butter over bowl of crumbs and stir until crumbs are evenly moistened. Stir in shredded coconut
5. Spread crumbs onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
6. Allow to cool before use.
7. Crumble can be stored in sealed container up to a week.
For the Key Lime Cheesecake
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
2. Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk while mixing. Mix until fully incorporated and smooth.
3. Add lime juice and zest and continue to blend. Add yogurt (or sour cream) and vanilla, and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Pour into desired containers and chill at least 3 hours.
5. If desired, top with whipped cream and toasted coconut before serving.