Asparagus and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 16 asparagus spears, trimmed - divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
2. Place each chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/4 inch. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
3. Place 4 spears of asparagus down the center of a chicken breast, and spread about 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese over the asparagus. Repeat with the other chicken breast, and roll the chicken around the asparagus and cheese to make a tidy, compact roll. Place the rolls seam sides down in the prepared baking dish, and sprinkle each with about 2 tablespoons of bread crumbs.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the juices run clear when pricked with a fork, about 25 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
You'll also love
- Spiced Bundt Cake with Apple... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Butter & Brownie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Southwestern Chicken Pot Pie 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Smoky Pulled Pork on a Gas Grill 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Maple, Bacon & Pecan Sticky Buns 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Fingers with Honey Mustard 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Springtime Asparagus, Strawberry,... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)