One-Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Cherry Tomatoes & White Beans
With cherry tomatoes and white beans, red pepper flakes, garlic, and parsley, this one-pan chicken dinner makes the best of simple and fresh Italian flavors.
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, such as Vidalia, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- One (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Adapted from cookingchanneltv.com
Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Add the olive oil to the skillet, and once hot, add the chicken breasts. Cook until nice and golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Remove the chicken to a plate and reserve.
Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until the garlic is soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth and wine and stir with a wooden spoon to scrap up any browned bits that may have formed on the bottom of the pan. Add the tomatoes and beans and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Return the chicken to the skillet and nestle into the tomatoes and beans. Increase the heat to medium-low and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked and the tomato and beans are nice and saucy, about 15 minutes more. Serve the chicken over the white beans and tomatoes and sprinkle with the parsley.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Dumpling Casserole 4.2/5 (122 Votes)
- Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (99 Votes)
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Apple Pie Filling 4.5/5 (101 Votes)
- Banana Leche Flan 4.4/5 (104 Votes)
- Beef Stew 4.4/5 (104 Votes)
- Chilli Rellenos 4.2/5 (143 Votes)
- Family Favorite Baked Beans 4.5/5 (97 Votes)