lentil mushroom meatballs
- 1/2 c. dried brown lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 c. water
- 8 oz. white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. red wine
- 1/2 c. vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- salt + pepper to taste
Combine lentils, bay leaf, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and cool slightly. Discard bay leaf. Add mushrooms and lentils to food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds), stirring constantly. Stir in mushroom-lentil mixture. Cook for about 4 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly.
Add red wine to skillet and cook until evaporated. Stir in broth, soy sauce, oats, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once mixture is cool enough to work with, shape it into 12 uniformly-sized meatballs. Place each in a mini-muffin tin that's been coated in oil or cooking spray. Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Ranch Baked Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Birthday Batter Cheesecake Dip... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Creamy Rosemary... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Goya Classic Black Beans and Rice 3.4/5 (5 Votes)
- STRIPED BASS WITH MUSHROOM RISOTTO 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mushrooms with Lump Crab and Dry... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lemony Lentil Soup 4.4/5 (8 Votes)