Meyer Lemon Pudding Cake
- 4 T unsalted butter at room temp
- 1 c sugar
- 1 T lemon zest
- 3 large eggs at room temp separated
- 1/3 c Meyer lemon juice (or 1/4 c regular)
- 1/3 c all purpose flour
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/4 t salt
- powdered sugar for dusting
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 75mins
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
Preheat the oven to 350. Butter a 1 qt soufflé dish. You can use ramekins if you want single servings.
In a bowl, beat the butter at med speed until light and fluffy. Add the sugar and lemon zest and beat until combined. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add half the lemon juice, half the flour and half the sour cream and beat until smooth; repeat with remaining lemon juice, flour and sour cream.
Beat the egg whites at med speed until foamy. Increase speed to med high, add the salt, and beat to stiff peaks. Add one quarter of the whites to the lemon mixture and gently fold in. Continue to fold in whites one quarter at a time. Transfer it to the soufflé dish or dishes. Place in a larger pan and carefully pour boiling water around it to a depth of 1 inch.
Bake for 50-60 min or until slightly golden brown and the center is just set. The cake should spring back when gently touched. Do not open the oven door while baking. Remove from the water bath immediately and cool on a rack for 10-15 min.
Lightly dust with powdered sugar and serve warm.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Ranch Baked Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Birthday Batter Cheesecake Dip... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Creamy Rosemary... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Raisin Applesauce Bars & Caramel... 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Eggrolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Katie Couric's Lemon Chicken 5/5 (1 Votes)