Buffalo Chicken Lollipops with Blue Cheese Fondue
These Buffalo Chicken Lollipops with Blue Cheese Fondue make fun and tasty appetizers for your next party, or watching the game!
- 2 (6-ounce) chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup ice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- BUFFALO SAUCE:
- 1 1/2 cups Frank’s Hot Sauce or Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1/2 stick butter
- BLUE CHEESE FONDUE:
- 1 clove garlic, smashed then minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 6 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 20 to 25 6″ skewers
- Celery sticks for garnish
Heat water, salt, sugar and vinegar until salt and sugar dissolves. Add ice to cool it down. Put in small bowl with chicken and place in refrigerator for one hour. This will make the chicken tender and juicy.
Heat the oil to 350°F.
Make a dredging station with 3 bowls; one with the flour, then egg and then panko bread crumbs. Dredge chicken in that order. Set aside while starting the buffalo sauce and fondue dip.
Start the sauce. In small sauce pan heat hot sauce and butter over medium heat. Set aside.
Start the fondue dip. Heat garlic and cream in a small saucepan. Add cheeses. In a small bowl or ramekin, mix together the butter and flour to make roux. Add it to the cheese mixture and heat until nice and melted. Pour into a small crock or bowl for dipping.
Cook the chicken. Place the chicken in the hot oil to cook. Let fry until dark golden brown, about 4 minutes. Internal temperature should be 165°F. Immediately toss in the buffalo sauce then push skewers through chicken chunks. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese fondue.
You'll also love
- Dr. Pepper-Glazed Ham 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Pinto Beans and Ground Beef Stew 4.3/5 (31 Votes)
- Melty Cheese Puffs 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Real Margaritas 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Mushroom & Bacon Dip 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Hot Spinach Dip 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Spicy Sriracha & Smoked Bacon... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip 4.5/5 (17 Votes)