'Healthified' Lemon Curd, low carb, sugar free
can be used in tarts, great with angel food cake, cookies, biscotti, etc etc etc.
- LEMON CURD:
- 1 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS finely grated lemon peel
- 8 TBS butter or coconut oil
Adapted from mariamindbodyhealth.com
1. Combine natural sweetener, lemon juice, 4 eggs and lemon peel in heavy medium saucepan and whisk to blend; add butter.
2. Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and coats back of spoon thickly (do not boil), about 12 minutes.
3. Pour mixture through strainer into medium bowl.
4. Place bowl in larger bowl filled with ice water and whisk occasionally until lemon curd is cooled completely, about 15 minutes.
Can be made 1 day ahead. Makes 24 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Orange Chicken 4.5/5 (231 Votes)
- Cilantro Lime Salad Dressing 4.5/5 (164 Votes)