'Healthified' Lemon Curd, low carb, sugar free
can be used in tarts, great with angel food cake, cookies, biscotti, etc etc etc.
- LEMON CURD:
- 1 cup Swerve (or erythritol and 1 tsp stevia glycerite)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 TBS finely grated lemon peel
- 8 TBS butter or coconut oil
Adapted from mariamindbodyhealth.com
1. Combine natural sweetener, lemon juice, 4 eggs and lemon peel in heavy medium saucepan and whisk to blend; add butter.
2. Whisk constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and coats back of spoon thickly (do not boil), about 12 minutes.
3. Pour mixture through strainer into medium bowl.
4. Place bowl in larger bowl filled with ice water and whisk occasionally until lemon curd is cooled completely, about 15 minutes.
Can be made 1 day ahead. Makes 24 servings.