Grilled Marjoram Chicken Breasts With Dill-Chive Sauce
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (2 to 2 1/2 lbs)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup finely-chopped fresh marjoram
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground white pepper
For the Chicken: Place the breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and, using your hand, a skillet or a rolling pin, gently flatten each piece to an even thickness of between 1/4 and 1/2 inch. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Working 1 at a time, rub both sides of the chicken first with some of the oil, then some of the lemon juice, then sprinkle with marjoram and pepper to taste. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 12 hours.
Heat a grill for medium-high heat. Place the chicken on oiled grate and cook for 2 minutes. Turn and cook for 4 minutes. Turn and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 more minutes. Transfer to a cutting board or platter; cover to keep warm.
For the Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, yogurt, chives, dill, salt and pepper. (May cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.)
Serve the chicken warm and pass the sauce on the side.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (904 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (708 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (680 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (396 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)