Garlic-Lime Steak with Avocado Salsa****
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound flank steak, cut against the grain into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 24mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
-In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice and zest, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, and pepper.
-Set aside 2 tablespoons of the mixture.
-Add the steak to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
-Meanwhile, in a small bowl, gently toss together the avocado, cilantro, garlic, and reserved 2 tablespoons of the lime marinade. Mix well, then season with salt. Set aside.
-Heat the grill to medium high and coat the racks with oil or cooking spray.
-Grill the steak slices just until grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Arrange the steak on a serving platter and serve topped with the avocado salsa.
You'll also love
- Chipotle Apple Butter Wings 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Bacon Smokies 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Cream of Mushroom Soup 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Doberge Cake 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Flower Shaped Pumpkin Mini Pies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cornucopia Cupcakes 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon Yogurt Pancakes 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Bread- Herbed Garlic Bread 4.5/5 (20 Votes)