Coconut Rice with or without Sauteed Scallops
This is good served with green beans and chutney. Garnish with lemon quarters
- Basmatic rice - 1 scoop
- Coconut Milk - 1 scoop
- Clam Broth - 1 scoop
- Ginger - 1" piece minced in mincer
- Salt and Pepper
- Frozen Baby Peas - 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- Scallions - 3 or so thinly sliced
Put first 5 ingredients in rice cooker. When almost finished cooking, put peas in top part (steamer).
Cook until finished. Mix rice mixture and peas together and sprinkle with sliced scallions
OR (if doing scallops)
While rice is cooking, saute sea scallops which have been dusted in Wondra, salt, pepper, curry powder if you want), in olive oil and butter until browned and crusty on bottom. Turn each one over and cook until other side is also crusty. Remove to a warm plate and cover with foil.
Add diced onions or shallots (about 1/2 cup) to pan and cook until softened -- stirring up brown bits. Add white wine (1/3 to 1/2 cup), cook down, add a little chicken broth, cook down a little more, add scallops back in to pan to heat and swirl in some butter.
If you do the scallops, I'd put the scallops over the rice/pea mixture, pour sauce over and sprinkle scallions on top.
Garnish with lemon quarters.
You'll also love
- Brussel Sprouts and Cheddar Cheese... 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Green Bean Casserole (Campbell's) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Marsala Trifle 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Sopapilla Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tangy Tuna Loaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Tuna with Wasabi-Avocado... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Shrimp with honey mustard... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)