Ale-Braised Corned Beef, Brussels Sprouts, and Carrots
This savory, salty corned beef goes great with brussels sprouts and carrots. Makes a hearty meal, great for St. Patrick's Day or anytime.
- 1 (3-pound) piece corned beef brisket (with spice packet, if included)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle amber ale
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
Adapted from realsimple.com
In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker, place the beef, the contents of the spice packet (if included), carrots, and ale. Cook, covered, until the beef is tender, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
Ten minutes before serving, thinly slice the brussels sprouts. (This is easiest to do in a food processor with the slicing blade.)
Transfer the beef from the slow cooker to a cutting board; if the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high. Add the brussels sprouts to the carrots and liquid in the slow cooker. Cook, covered, until the brussels sprouts are tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mustard, and tarragon.
Slice the beef. Serve with the vegetables and sour cream sauce.
You'll also love
- Vegan Bananas Foster 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Buffalo Potato Wedges w/ Blue... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Stuffed Focaccia Bread With... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pork Lettuce Wraps 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Crawfish And Corn Macque Choux 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Corn Casserole 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Carrot- Ginger Bran Muffins 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Cabbage Salad with carrots, apples... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)