Open Faced Muffaletta Sandwich - Paula Deen
8 servings. Herbed Mayonnaise can be made ahead & refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- 4 sm focaccia rounds, halved
- Herbed Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- 8 thin slices Havarti cheese
- 2 (4oz) pkgs thinly sliced Genoa salami
- 2 (4oz) pkgs thinly sliced capocollo ham
- 1/2 c thinly sliced stuffed green olives
- 1/2 c thinly sliced black olives
- 1/2 c thinly sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 t ground black pepper
- Garnish: Fresh parsley leaves
- Herbed Mayonnaise
- 1 c mayo
- 1 T chopped fresh parsley
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 t dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 t minced garlic
In sm bowl whisk together mayo & remaining ingredients. Store, covered in refrigerator up to 5 days.
Spread herbed mayo over cut sides of bread. Layer each bread half with cheese, salami & next 4 ingredients. Sprinkle with pepper & garnish with parsley if desired.