Charleston Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 8 Ritz or butter crackers, crushed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Adapted from tastebook.com
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
In a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green onions, and cayenne pepper. Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan. Top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake for 15 minutes, or until heated through. Remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon. Serve immediately with corn chips, crackers, or bagel chips.