Oven-roasted Sausages, Potatoes, and Peppers
- 1-2 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 package (at least 1 lb) of your favorite sausage links (johnsonvilles, evergood, generic smoked sausage, whatever you like. i used polish sausages, 4 to a pack)
- 4-5 decent-sized potatoes (i prefer yukon gold or red bliss)
- 3 tbsp olive oil (yes, it has to be OLIVE oil)
- 1 small jar banana peppers
- 1 large onion, sliced
- salt & pepper
- optional — 2 tsp dried rosemary (bachelors, ignore this. your salt and pepper will be fine. i know that asking you to procure olive oil was already a stretch.)
- optional — tsp creole seasoning
spray a large baking pan w/ nonstick spray (make sure there is at least a small “lip” that provides a “side” to the pan, don’t use a flat baking sheet.
slice sausages into thin rounds, about 1/5″ thick. if you know how to slice using a “bias” cut, do that. if not, don’t worry about it.
cut potatoes into 1/2″ chunks
slice onion and pepper into strips
place all ingredients on baking sheet and drizzle oil over. use your hands to toss everything together in the oil, making sure everything feels coated.
add salt & pepper and spices (if using)
top w/ sliced banana peppers
bake at 400 for about 30-35 min, until potatoes are tender