You can freeze the bacon-wrapped rolls for up to 6 weeks; just take out what you need when you have company, slice, and bake for an extra 5 minutes. Be sure to let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Some variations you might like to try? Substitute Swiss cheese for the Parmesan, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of horseradish to the filling. Try using diced cooked shrimp and pineapple bits instead of the peppers and scallions.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup scallions, sliced, white and green
- 20 slices soft white bread
- 1 pound lean bacon
Adapted from kingarthurflour.com
1. Mix together the cheeses until smooth. Stir in the peppers and scallions until evenly distributed; set aside.
2. Trim the crusts from the slices of bread.
3. Once the bread is trimmed, spread the slices with the filling, covering it completely.
4. Roll the bread up from the short side, pressing down just enough to make it stick to itself.
5. Wrap a slice of bacon and wrap it around the roll, overlapping the bacon to cover the bread completely. If you need more than one bacon slice, tuck the end of the second bacon slice under the end of the first. Trim the bacon when you get to the top of the roll.
6. Freeze the wrapped rolls for 30 minutes to firm them up.
7. To bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
8. Slice the rolls in thirds and place on the baking sheet, cut side down. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (5 minutes longer if baking from frozen), until the bacon is crisp and the tops are golden brown.
9. Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter; let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: 1 piece, 20g Servings Per Batch: 60 Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72 Calories from Fat: 49 Total Fat: 5g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 222mg Total Carbohydrate: 2g Dietary Fiber: 0g Sugars: 0g Protein: 4g
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (805 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (702 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Bacon Cheddar Potato Cakes 4.5/5 (273 Votes)
- Bacon Breakfast Enchiladas 4.5/5 (227 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Potato Salad 4.5/5 (218 Votes)