Serving size: 1/2 cup of sauce
Total Fat: 7g
Total Carbohydrates: 5g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
- 4 oz pancetta, chopped (or center cut bacom)
- 1 Tbsp butter (or olive oil)
- 1 large white onion, minced
- 2 celery stalks (about 3/4 cup), minced
- 2 medium carrots (about 3/4 cup), minced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and fresh pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup half & half creamer
Adapted from blog.myfitnesspal.com
In a large deep saute pan, saute pancetta on ow heat until the fat melts, about 4-5 minutes. Add butter, onions, celery and carrots and cook on medium-low heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
Increase flame to medium-high; add meat, season with salt and pepper and saute until browned. Drain the fat then add wine; cook until it reduces down, about 3-4 minutes.
Add to crock pot. Add tomatoes, bay leaves, salt and pepper; cover and set slow cooker to LOW 6 hours.
After the 6 hours, adjust salt and pepper to taste, add half & half and parsley; stir and serve over your favorite pasta or spaghetti squash.