Spice-Rubbed Rack of Lamb
- 2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole coriander seeds
- 1 8-rib rack of lamb (about 2 pounds)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- Serve with Herbed Rice with Dates and Pomegranate (recipe on KI)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toast both seeds in a small skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Let cool. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in oil. Sear lamb until golden brown on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
Pour off fat from pan; wipe clean. Pat seeds all over lamb. Return to pan. Roast in oven until a thermometer inserted in thickest part (avoiding bone) registers 130 degrees for medium-rare, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; let rest 10 minutes before slicing between bones into chops and serving with rice.