This is a great spring sweet!
- 2 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 3/4 C sugar plus more for sprinkling on top of muffins
- 1 TBS. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. fine salt
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 C (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 2 large eggs at room temp.
- 1 TBS. finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg together; set aside.
3. Melt butter. Whisk the milk, eggs, lemon zest and vanilla with butter.
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stir until the dry ingredients are moistened but still lumpy. Do not over mix the batter or your muffins will be dense. Gently stir in blueberries. Divide the batter evenly into the muffin tin and sprinkle the tops generously with sugar.
5. Put muffins in oven and oven and immediately reduce oven temp. to 375. Bake until golden brown, about 25 min., rotating the pan half way through the cooking.
You'll also love
- Parmesan Ranch Baked Pork Chops 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Martha Stewart's One Pot Pasta Meal 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Birthday Batter Cheesecake Dip... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman Creamy Rosemary... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Raisin Applesauce Bars & Caramel... 4.1/5 (27 Votes)
- Raspberry Cheesecake Eggrolls 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Lebanese Lemon Salad Dressing 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Pudding Jello Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)