Beef Tenderloin with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- Horseradish Cream
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream (about 5 ounces)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (or more) drained prepared horseradish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained green peppercorns, minced, or coarsely ground pink peppercorns
- Kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground pink peppercorns
- 1 3-pound center-cut beef tenderloin at room temperature
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Adapted from bonappetit.com
Whisk crème fraîche (or sour cream) in a medium bowl until thickened and soft peaks start to form, 1-2 minutes. Fold in horseradish and peppercorns; season with salt and more horseradish, if desired. DO AHEAD Sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Cover; chill.
Combine first 5 ingredients and rub all over meat, pressing to adhere. DO AHEAD Beef can be seasoned 1 day ahead. Wrap in plastic; chill. Let stand at room temperature for 1 hour before continuing.
Preheat oven to 400°. Scatter rosemary over bottom of a large roasting pan.
Heat oil and butter in a 12 inches cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sear meat until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer to prepared roasting pan.
Roast meat until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of beef registers 125° for medium-rare, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a carving board. Let rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice tenderloin. Serve with Horseradish Cream.
To double or triple the recipe, sear the tenderloins one at a time, then arrange crosswise in roasting pan (cook time will be the same). Leave at least 1 inch-2 inches between pieces of meat.
6 servings, 1 serving contains:
Calories (kcal) 250
Fat (g) 12
Saturated Fat (g) 4.5
Cholesterol (mg) 95
Carbohydrates (g) 1
Dietary Fiber (g) 0
Total Sugars (g) 0
Protein (g) 34
Sodium (mg) 620
You'll also love
- One Bowl Apple Cake 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- panettone bread pudding with lemon... 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Potato Bites 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple Bacon Fudge 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Hearty Beef Stew 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Rigatoni With Beef Ragu 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Crab and Horseradish Dip 4.7/5 (7 Votes)