Spaghetti Squash with Vegetables
Really good. Makes a complete vegetarian meal. Serve along with bread or crackers.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped small
- 2 carrots, chopped to 1/4"
- 2 celery stalks, chopped to 1/4"
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped to 1/4"
- 1 zucchini, chopped to 1/4"
- 1/2 C. broccoli florets
- 1/2 C. asparagus, chopped to 1/4"
- Salt and pepper
- Marinara sauce - your favorite - up to 2 quarts
- Basil, fresh, small amount, if possible
- Tarragon, fresh, small amount, if possible
- Mozzarella cheese
Slice spaghetti squash in half. Boil in salted water until done. Remove seeds, scrape out meat. Save the shells. Set both aside.
Saute shallots and garlic in EVOO for 5 - 8 minutes. Add onions, carrots, celery and sweat them down. Add yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli and asparagus and stir in some Marinara sauce along with salt and pepper. Finally stir in the spaghetti squash and more Marinara sauce. Let it cool some.
Stuff the shells with the vegetable mixture.
Top with Mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or so until cheese is melted and browned.
Top with more Marinara sauce and serve.