Crispy Eggplant Pizza
Try something new for toppings on your pizza.
- 1 pizza dough
- 4 ounces uncooked tomato sauce
- 4 ounces low moisture mozzarella, grated
- 4 ounces saute’d eggplant
- 2 egg yolks and water
- 2 ounces breadcrumbs
Adapted from bakingsteel.com
Place Baking Steel on top rack of your oven. Pre-heat to 500 degrees or on full throttle (Preheat 45 minutes-1 hr). Remove dough and let sit at room temp. for at least 1 hour.
Make the sauteed eggplant. Slice eggplant into rounds. Prepare an eggwash with 2 eggs and a touch of water. In a separate bowl, add breadcrumbs. Dip each round into eggwash and then coat with breadcrumbs. Saute with olive oil for approximately 3 minutes on each side. Remove.
Stretch or roll out dough to a 12 inch cylinder, or any shape will do. Lightly flour your peel and place dough on top.
Evenly distribute tomato sauce
Carefully place and distribute grated mozzarella, top with crispy eggplant.
Launch onto the Baking Steel, bake until you’ve reached your desired brownness.
Remove pizza from oven
You'll also love
- White Bean Spread 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Spicy Corn and Crab Chowder 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Garden Tomatoes, Feta, Oregano in... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Eggplant Enchiladas 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
Review this recipe