Cheddar Bacon Onion Sliders
The key to making these great cheddar bacon onion sliders is cooking the sliced onions in the skillet with the burger patties to get a sweet, deep, caramelized flavor.
- 1 pound ground chuck, divided into 8 sections and flattened into patties
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 small onions, 1/2 diced, the rest sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 8 dinner rolls or slider buns, split
- 1 tomato, sliced
Heat a cast iron skillet on medium to medium-high for 4 to 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to each side of the patties. Cook 4 patties at a time and add in half of the sliced onions. Cook slider patties for 2 to 4 minutes on each side. Flip and continue cooking on each side. Using tongs, flip onions as well.
After cooking the first batch of slider patties, add 4 split slider buns split-side down in the skillet for about 60 to 90 seconds. If you don't have enough room, do this in batches until 4 of the slider rolls are done.
Repeat, cook the patties and then heat the slider buns.
Arrange patties on buns, add cheese, bacon, cooked onions, uncooked onions (optional), tomato and lettuce and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Wedges 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Penne Alla Vodka 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Scallopini with Lemon... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan with Crisp Bread... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Porchetta-Style Roast Pork 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Venison Stew Recipe 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Monster Mash 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Pan Fried Onion Dip 4.4/5 (17 Votes)