Acorn Squash Alfredo, Vegan
No matter how you serve it, this vegan Alfredo acorn squash is delicious! You can either store in fridge and re-heat later–or eat right away–or transfer pasta into an oven safe dish and let heat at 300°F for 20 minutes. This will marinate the pasta a bit and soften the sauce. You can even add a sprinkle of vegan cheese on top if you’d like. Enjoy!
- ACORN ALFREDO SAUCE:
- 4 cups roasted acorn squash (1 medium squash)
- 1 cup parsley (or fresh basil)
- 3/4 cup plain plant milk (almond/hemp/soy)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian herbs (basil, oregano, thyme)
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes or dash of cayenne
- 1 bag pasta-Kamut/Spelt/Brown Rice Penne
- 2 to 3 cups mushrooms
- Chipotle drizzle, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from google.com
Turn on oven to 350°F.
Fill a casserole dish with an inch of water. Slice Acorn Squash in half (horizontal slice as shown) and lay flat in dish. Place in oven to roast at 350°F for 60 to 75 minutes.
When your squash is roasted the skin should peel away quite easily. Remove all skin and place squash flesh in a food processor. Add all other ingredients.
Blend on high for at least 2 minutes. You want all the parsley to chop into fine bits. Set sauce aside.
Boil a pot of salted water. Cook your pasta. 2 to 3 minutes before the pasta is ready to drain, add mushrooms. Drain as usual. Toss dry pasta in a splash of Olive Oil (optional).
Toss warm pasta in your Acorn Alfredo Sauce. Mix well so each pasta bit is coated.
You can either store in fridge and re-heat later–or eat right away–or transfer pasta into an oven safe dish and let heat at 300°F for 20 minutes. This will marinate the pasta a bit and soften the sauce. You can even add a sprinkle of vegan cheese on top if you’d like. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Chia-Crusted Oven-Roasted Tuna... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Carbonara Potato Skins: A Total... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Asian Chicken Salad in Lettuce Cups 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Warm Pumpkin-Blueberry Bread =... 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Squash - Quinoa Stuffed Acorn... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)