Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin with Garlic Cream Sauce
- 6 thick slices bacon
- 2 (3/4 pound) venison tenderloin roasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, or more to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2.Place bacon on a slotted baking pan.
3.Bake bacon in the preheated oven until partially cooked but still flexible, 6 to 8 minutes.
4.Brush venison tenderloins with olive oil and season with onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Place tenderloin roasts side by side and wrap them together in strips of partially cooked bacon. Place into a roasting pan.
5.Roast until bacon is browned and an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a tenderloin reads at least 145 degrees F (65 degrees C), about 1 hour.
6.Heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and garlic in hot butter until mushrooms are soft, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir green onion into mushroom mixture; pour in cream. Cook, stirring often, until sauce is heated through. Serve sauce with tenderloins.
You'll also love
- English Muffin & Asparagus Bake 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Toasts 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- 7-Layer Cranberry Cobb Dip 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Garlic Parmesan Pasta 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Crumb Topped Apple and Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- FRIED CABBAGE WITH SAUSAGE 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Vietnamese Diced Beef 4.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Apple Pork Roast 4.8/5 (6 Votes)