Easy Raspberry-Lemon Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 6 Tbs. (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tbs. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Prepare the muffin pan
Preheat an oven to 425°F. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
Mix the batter
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and brown sugar until blended. Whisk in the milk, butter and lemon zest. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir until just evenly moistened. Gently fold in the raspberries until just evenly distributed.
Bake the muffins
Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them three-fourths full. Bake until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes, then turn the muffins out onto the rack. Let cool briefly and serve. Makes 12 muffins.
You'll also love
- Garlic Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Spicy Cauliflower Stir-Fry 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Vegan Avocado Ranch Dressing 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Coconut Cheesecake 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- La Grande Orange Cafe White Sangria 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Chops - Creamy Lemon Thyme 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Blueberry-Chia Overnight Oats 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Joanna Gaines' Magnolia Lemon Pie 4/5 (12 Votes)