Garlic-Stroganoff Shepherd's Pie
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces 1 lb. lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-eat baby-cut carrots, cut in half crosswise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 (12-oz.) jar beef gravy
- 1 1/2 cups Green Giant Select® LeSueur® Frozen Baby Sweet Peas (from 1-1b. pkg.)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pouch roasted garlic mashed potatoes (from 7.2-oz. pkg.)
- 1 1/4 cups hot water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
1 Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; set aside. Discard drippings in skillet.
2 In same skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
3 Stir in half of the bacon, the carrots, chili sauce and gravy. Reserve remaining bacon for topping. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas and sour cream; cook 2 minutes. Spoon into ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish.
4 Prepare mashed potatoes as directed on package using hot water, milk and butter. Spoon or pipe around edge of hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
5 Bake at 375°F. for 30 to 40 minutes or until carrots are tender. Sprinkle with chives.
6 (1'/3-cup) servings