Rajma masala is one of the best Indian recipe of north India.
- 1 1/2 cups rajma
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp rajma masala
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from shobhapink.blogspot.in
1. Pressure cook rajma with water & salt till cooked.
2. Heat oil in a pan,add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,when they crackle add
bay leaves & ginger garlic paste.
3. Now add onion & sauté till onion turns golden brown.
4. Add tomato puree, mix & cook for 3-5 sec.
5. Add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder &
cook till oil leaves masala.
6. Next add rajma along with the cooking water & mix.
7. Add salt, garam masala powder, rajma masala.
8. On low heat cook for another 15-20 mins.
9. Turn rajma into serving bowl & garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot with steamed rice.