This recipe is simple and delicious, and makes a really great breakfast or brunch. Fresh dill puts it over the top.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces butter
- 3 zucchini, about 21 to 22 ounces
- 2 red onions
- Olive oil
- A handful fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 to 3 ounces shredded Parmesan
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from roxanashomebaking.com
Start by finely slicing the zucchini, sprinkling some salt over and let them sweat.
In your food processor combine the flours and diced butter. Pulse a few times until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add a little cold water to form a soft dough.
Roll out the dough and line a 10-inch quiche pan, put it the fridge for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile preheat the oven at 400°F. When chilled prick the dough with a fork and cover with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes.
Pat dry the sliced zucchini. Finely slice the onions.
Heat few tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onions until almost soft.
When soften add the zucchini and cook for further 5 minutes or until the zucchini start to soft.
Add the chopped dill and let it cool.
While the pastry and the zucchini mixture are cooling slightly combine 3 eggs with 1 1/4 cup milk.
Spoon the zucchini mixture into the baked pastry.
Pour the egg-milk mixture over zucchini and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
Bake the quiche in preheated oven at 350°F for about 45 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Let it cool slightly before serving.
You'll also love
- Lobster & Shrimp Pasta 4.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Buttermilk Onion Rings 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Chicken and Mushrooms with Farfalle 4.7/5 (20 Votes)
- Greek-Style Mahi Mahi 4.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Hemingway Martini 4.8/5 (13 Votes)
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Pumpkin Martini 4.5/5 (32 Votes)
- Man-Pleasing Chicken 4.1/5 (26 Votes)